Nutty Chocolate Marshmallow Puffs
Meet the Cook: We like to do things BIG here in Texas, so don't expect a dainty little barely-a-bite truffle from the surprising recipe. Folks are delighted to discover a big fluffy marshmallow inside the chocolate and nut coating.
-Pat Ball, Abilene, Texas
40 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 40 large marshmallows
- 4 cups coarsely chopped pecans (about 1 pound)
- In a heavy saucepan, heat chocolate chips, milk and marshmallow creme
- just until melted; stir until smooth (mixture will be thick).
- With tongs, immediately dip marshmallows, one at a time, in chocolate
- mixture; allow excess to drip off. Quickly roll in pecans. Place on
- waxed paper-lined baking sheets (Reheat chocolate mixture if
- necessary for easier coating.)
- Refrigerate until firm. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight
- container. Yield: 40 candies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 208 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.