Nutty Chocolate Fudge Recipe
I've trimmed down this recipe over the years, and now my family likes it better than ever. They don't even miss all of the sugar that I used to add. Try it with peanut butter or butterscotch chips.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:81 servings
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and coat foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallow creme, evaporated milk and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Add pecans. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Using foil, remove fudge from pan; carefully remove foil. Cut into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-2/3 pounds (81 pieces).
One piece equals 70 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC