- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup almond paste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pistachios, finely chopped and toasted
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, sugar and almond paste until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour and mix well. Shape into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into eight equal portions: divide each portion in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 12-in. rope; cut each rope into 2-in. lengths. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip ends of each cookie in chocolate, then in pistachios. Let stand on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Nutty Chocolate Batons
Sort By :
"Made these and took them to work for a snack and everyone loved them.Mine also came out a little flat but I think I didn't roll them right. Trying new recipes prior to the holidays from Taste of Home and so far all were good..My friend's niece wanted the recipe - she loved them."
"What did I do wrong??? My batons pretty much flattened out! Definitely not round! Nothing like the picture. dhnelson"
"This recipe is fantastic. I used chopped cashews. This is a keeper not just for Christmas."
"These cookies are fabulous! I can't make enough of them. Family and friends keep coming back into the kitchen for more. Although the pistachios look very pretty, they are a little expensive. Finely chopped walnuts looks as nice and aren't as pricey."
"The cookies taste great and each time I make them, they are a big hit. Shelling the pistachios is a little time consuming, but worth it."