Nutty Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 5 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 2 minutes. Add vegetables; cook 4 minutes longer. Add garlic; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger; stir in the broth, soy sauce, peanut butter and pepper sauce until blended. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cabbage; cook 2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Nutty Chicken Stir-Fry(24)
Sort By :
Good thing this recipe is for 6 people. My family of four almost wiped the pan clean!
I guess kids might like this, but I thought it was quite bland. Even with cutting the number of garlic cloves in half, that flavor was overpowering.
It was fine, but it didn't blow me away--the sauce did not have a distinctive flavor to me.
I have made this several times, and it is always such a hit. I even make it for company. We love it. I add extra hot sauce and peanut butter and little less cabbage.
This is a delicious dish with an authentic flavor. Great for hot weather when you want a satisfying meal without heating up your kitchen. It was also pretty quick to prepare. A big hit at our house.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Chicken >