“My daughter makes this yummy stir-fry often for our family. It goes together so quickly. The peanuts and chunky peanut butter give it a nice crunch. Leftovers—if there are any—are great!”—Shirley Conrad, High Amana, Iowa
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 5 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 2 minutes. Add vegetables; cook 4 minutes longer. Add garlic; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger; stir in the broth, soy sauce, peanut butter and pepper sauce until blended. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cabbage; cook 2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Chicken Stir-Fry in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Nutty Chicken Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review