- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 5 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 2 minutes. Add vegetables; cook 4 minutes longer. Add garlic; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger; stir in the broth, soy sauce, peanut butter and pepper sauce until blended. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cabbage; cook 2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Nutty Chicken Stir-Fry
"I followed recipe exactly except used fresh vegetables that I had on hand. Nice flavor, not too pea nutty . Next time I would make more sauce. I served it over linguine, and it was a hit"
"Good thing this recipe is for 6 people. My family of four almost wiped the pan clean!"
"I guess kids might like this, but I thought it was quite bland. Even with cutting the number of garlic cloves in half, that flavor was overpowering."
"It was fine, but it didn't blow me away--the sauce did not have a distinctive flavor to me."
"I have made this several times, and it is always such a hit. I even make it for company. We love it. I add extra hot sauce and peanut butter and little less cabbage."