Crushed pineapple gives these chicken salad sandwiches a bit of sweetness, while pecans add a bit of crunch.
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, egg, pineapple, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in pecans. Place spinach on four slices of bread; top with chicken salad and remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into quarters. Yield: 16 tea sandwiches.
Originally published as Nutty Chicken Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p200
Reviews for Nutty Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2010
"Wonderful !!! The only difference I made was I used Marble Rye Bread."