- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, egg, pineapple, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in pecans. Place spinach on four slices of bread; top with chicken salad and remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into quarters. Yield: 16 tea sandwiches.
Originally published as Nutty Chicken Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p200
Reviews for Nutty Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2010
Wonderful !!! The only difference I made was I used Marble Rye Bread.