Nutty Chicken Pita Sandwiches
When company is coming for lunch, this is my favorite sandwich to make, since it looks and tastes a bit fancy. Even kids like it because of the crunchy nuts and creamy filling.
-Glenda Schwarz, Morden, Manitoba
3-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 3 large pita breads, halved
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and lemon juice until
- smooth. Stir in the chicken, green pepper, onions, mustard, thyme,
- salt and pepper; refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling
- into each pita half. Yield: 3-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 347 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.