Nutty Chicken Pita Sandwiches Recipe
When company is coming for lunch, this is my favorite sandwich to make, since it looks and tastes a bit fancy. Even kids like it because of the crunchy nuts and creamy filling. -Glenda Schwarz, Morden, Manitoba
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 pita pocket halves
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the chicken, green pepper, onions, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper; refrigerate.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling into each pita half. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Nutty Chicken Pita Sandwiches
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2017
"Easy and delicious"
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2012
"I have been making these sandwiches since the recipe first appeared. They are always a huge hit! Delicious!"
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2009
"Made these pita sandwiches recently for a luncheon group meeting. They were a hit!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC