Nutty Chicken Pita Sandwiches Recipe
When company is coming for lunch, this is my favorite sandwich to make, since it looks and tastes a bit fancy. Even kids like it because of the crunchy nuts and creamy filling. -Glenda Schwarz, Morden, Manitoba
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 large pita breads, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the chicken, green pepper, onions, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper; refrigerate.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling into each pita half. Yield: 3-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 347 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC