- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the chicken, green pepper, onions, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper; refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling into each pita half. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Chicken Pita Sandwiches in Taste of Home April/May 1996 , p27
Reviews for Nutty Chicken Pita Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2017
"easy and delicious"
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2012
"I have been making these sandwiches since the recipe first appeared. They are always a huge hit! Delicious!"
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2009
"Made these pita sandwiches recently for a luncheon group meeting. They were a hit!"