- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the chicken, green pepper, onions, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper; refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling into each pita half. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Nutty Chicken Pita Sandwiches
"Easy and delicious"
"I've been making these forever. They are delicious, quick and great for picnics! To make things go even quicker, occasionally I'll use a rotisserie chicken from the store :)"
"I have been making these sandwiches since the recipe first appeared. They are always a huge hit! Delicious!"
"Made these pita sandwiches recently for a luncheon group meeting. They were a hit!"