Nutty Chicken Fingers
Watch the room light up with smiles when you bring this fun dish to the table. "Our children love the crunchy nut coating on these chicken strips," reports Beba Cates of Pearland. Texas. And with only a handful of ingredients, preparation is a snap.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place milk in
- another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in pecan
- Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until
- juices run clear. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 113 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and