- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken in batches; toss to coat. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, red pepper and onion in oil for 6-8 minutes until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a saucepan, combine the milk, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Drain fettuccine; top with chicken mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Chicken Fettuccine in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p97
Reviews for Nutty Chicken Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review