Nutty Cheesecake Squares Recipe
I grew up on a farm and have had a lot of good recipes handed down to me. This is one of my favorite desserts to serve when guests come over or at family gatherings and church suppers. —Ruth Simon, Buffalo, New York
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, brown sugar and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set half aside; press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth; pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 233 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC