Nutty Cheesecake Squares Recipe
I grew up on a farm and have had a lot of good recipes handed down to me. This is one of my favorite desserts to serve when guests come over or at family gatherings and church suppers.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, brown sugar and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set half aside; press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth; pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 233 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC