Nutty Cheesecake Squares Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, brown sugar and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set half aside; press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth; pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 each: 233 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Nutty Cheesecake Squares
"These were AMAZING. So easy to make. I added drained, canned cherries to the top of the cheesecake before putting the crumbs on the top. Gave some to my neighbour, now she is coming over to watch me cook the next batch this weekend. She is new to baking being from China. From a grateful Australian, thankyou so much for your delicious recipes. I have cooked so many of them and not one fail."
"These are my favorite bars. Made as written they are the best! The last time I made these I didn't have any milk in the house and was too lazy to run to the store. Fortunately I had a bottle of Rum Chata with exactly a 1/4 cup left in it. It turned out delicious."
"Love this recipe!!! Gave it a quick warm-up in the microwave ..... it's melt in your mouth delicious! Thank you so much Ruth!"
"I was very excited to see this recipe! My mother used to make these, but I could not find the recipe after she passed away. I made them last week and family and friends over for dinner loved them! Thank you for a tasty recipe and a walk down memory lane!"
"I came across this recipe many years ago, in Taste of Home, and it is truly a favorite among family and friends... it is requested for every holiday and any other time I am asked to make something. I thought people would tire of the same dessert every time I bake, but it is undoubtedly the recipe I know by heart and enjoy making! Enjoy!!"
"This was a wonderful recipe- delicious and easy to make. Unlike the previous reviewer, the topping didn't crumble. I was able to cut them bite-size. I also used pecans instead of walnuts, and used half almond/ half vanilla extract. Very tasty!"
"This is so yummy. A little crumbly on top, but the bottom is solid. Can be eaten on a plate.Next time maybe more butter to the topping should be added to stop the crumbles.Otherwise it is Excellent!! The taste is delicious. I used pecans rather than walnuts because my family prefers them, and one is allergic to walnuts. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!!"