- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, brown sugar and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set half aside; press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth; pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Nutty Cheesecake Squares
"These are my favorite bars. Made as written they are the best! The last time I made these I didn't have any milk in the house and was too lazy to run to the store. Fortunately I had a bottle of Rum Chata with exactly a 1/4 cup left in it. It turned out delicious."
"Love this recipe!!! Gave it a quick warm-up in the microwave ..... it's melt in your mouth delicious! Thank you so much Ruth!"
"I was very excited to see this recipe! My mother used to make these, but I could not find the recipe after she passed away. I made them last week and family and friends over for dinner loved them! Thank you for a tasty recipe and a walk down memory lane!"
"I came across this recipe many years ago, in Taste of Home, and it is truly a favorite among family and friends... it is requested for every holiday and any other time I am asked to make something. I thought people would tire of the same dessert every time I bake, but it is undoubtedly the recipe I know by heart and enjoy making! Enjoy!!"
"This was a wonderful recipe- delicious and easy to make. Unlike the previous reviewer, the topping didn't crumble. I was able to cut them bite-size. I also used pecans instead of walnuts, and used half almond/ half vanilla extract. Very tasty!"
"This is so yummy. A little crumbly on top, but the bottom is solid. Can be eaten on a plate.Next time maybe more butter to the topping should be added to stop the crumbles.Otherwise it is Excellent!! The taste is delicious. I used pecans rather than walnuts because my family prefers them, and one is allergic to walnuts. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!!"