Nutty Cheesecake Squares Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, brown sugar and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set half aside; press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth; pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Nutty Cheesecake Squares(3)
Sort By :
I came across this recipe many years ago, in Taste of Home, and it is truly a favorite among family and friends... it is requested for every holiday and any other time I am asked to make something. I thought people would tire of the same dessert every time I bake, but it is undoubtedly the recipe I know by heart and enjoy making! Enjoy!!
This was a wonderful recipe- delicious and easy to make. Unlike the previous reviewer, the topping didn't crumble. I was able to cut them bite-size. I also used pecans instead of walnuts, and used half almond/ half vanilla extract. Very tasty!
This is so yummy. A little crumbly on top, but the bottom is solid. Can be eaten on a plate.
Next time maybe more butter to the topping should be added to stop the crumbles.
Otherwise it is Excellent!! The taste is delicious. I used pecans rather than walnuts because my family prefers them, and one is allergic to walnuts. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!!