Nutty Cereal Crunch Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds or macadamia nuts
- 1. In a Dutch oven, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Combine cornflakes and nuts; add to sugar mixture and stir to coat. Spread onto two greased baking sheets. Cool; break apart. Yield: 10 cups.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 426 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Cereal Crunch
"A great easy snack. Not overly sweet and the nuts are great. I used unsalted nuts (because my husband ate all the salted ones) and added a couple shakes of salt when mixing and it tasted great. The only problem is the family ate it too quickly!"