Nutty Cereal Crunch
"This is one of my favorite snacks to take to large get-togethers," writes Grace Yaskovic from her Branchville, New Jersey home. Cinnamon, brown sugar and butter create a lip-smacking coating for cereal and a variety of nuts in this change-of-pace party mix. One handful simply isn't enough!
13 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds or macadamia nuts
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until
- sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Combine cornflakes and nuts; add to sugar mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread onto two greased baking sheets. Cool; break apart. Yield:
- 10 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 426 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.