Nutty Cereal Crunch Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds or macadamia nuts
- 1. In a Dutch oven, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Combine cornflakes and nuts; add to sugar mixture and stir to coat. Spread onto two greased baking sheets. Cool; break apart. Yield: 10 cups.
3/4 cup: 426 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Cereal Crunch
"A great easy snack. Not overly sweet and the nuts are great. I used unsalted nuts (because my husband ate all the salted ones) and added a couple shakes of salt when mixing and it tasted great. The only problem is the family ate it too quickly!"