"This is one of my favorite snacks to take to large get-togethers," writes Grace Yaskovic from her Branchville, New Jersey home. Cinnamon, brown sugar and butter create a lip-smacking coating for cereal and a variety of nuts in this change-of-pace party mix. One handful simply isn't enough!
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds or macadamia nuts
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Combine cornflakes and nuts; add to sugar mixture and stir to coat. Spread onto two greased baking sheets. Cool; break apart. Yield: 10 cups.
Originally published as Nutty Cereal Crunch in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p22
Reviews for Nutty Cereal Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2014
"A great easy snack. Not overly sweet and the nuts are great. I used unsalted nuts (because my husband ate all the salted ones) and added a couple shakes of salt when mixing and it tasted great. The only problem is the family ate it too quickly!"