"This is one of my favorite snacks to take to large get-togethers," writes Grace Yaskovic from her Branchville, New Jersey home. Cinnamon, brown sugar and butter create a lip-smacking coating for cereal and a variety of nuts in this change-of-pace party mix. One handful simply isn't enough!
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds or macadamia nuts
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Combine cornflakes and nuts; add to sugar mixture and stir to coat. Spread onto two greased baking sheets. Cool; break apart. Yield: 10 cups.
Originally published as Nutty Cereal Crunch in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p22
Reviews for Nutty Cereal Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review