Nutty Carrot Salad
With the sunflower kernels and a peanutty dressing, this is a new twist on carrot-raisin salad. My family loves this delightfully different combination, and I'm positive your family will, too.Tami Escher, Dumont, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, toss the carrots, pineapple, raisins, sunflower kernels
- and peanuts. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, yogurt,
- mayonnaise and salt; mix well. Pour over carrot mixture and stir
- gently to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 410 calories, 29 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein.