Nutty Caramel Popcorn Recipe
Folks who've tasted my snack are quick to remind me to make it again for them the following Christmas! The sugary combination of popcorn and crunchy nuts hits the spot.
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1-1/3 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 2/3 cup whole unblanched almonds, toasted
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Place popcorn in a large greased bowl. Sprinkle pecans and almonds over top; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and corn syrup; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 300°-310° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Immediately pour over popcorn mixture; toss gently. Spread on greased baking sheets. When cool, break into small pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 20 cups.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 278 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC