Nutty Caramel Ice Cream Cake
Tuck this dessert in the freezer for one of those anytime celebrations. This caramel, butter pecan and almond version is our favorite, but try it with other ice cream flavors.Tina Stelzl, Waxhaw, North Carolina
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 4 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies (about 52 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1/4 cup caramel sundae syrup
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press 2 cups onto
- the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Spoon half of the ice
- cream into the prepared pan. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Repeat layers with remaining cookie crumbs and ice cream. Spread with
- whipped topping. Sprinkle with almonds and toffee bits. Cover and
- freeze overnight or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen cake: Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before
- serving. Drizzle with syrup. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 410 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a