We made this frozen treat for a family birthday party, and we received endless comments on it. It’s truly fantastic! Be sure to try the recipe with other ice cream flavors.—Tina Stelzl, Waxhaw, North Carolina
- 4 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies (about 52 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1/4 cup caramel sundae syrup
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press 2 cups onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Spoon half of the ice cream into the prepared pan. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Repeat layers with remaining cookie crumbs and ice cream. Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with almonds and toffee bits. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen cake: Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with syrup. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Caramel Ice Cream Cake in Taste of Home October 2011, p63
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Nutty Caramel Ice Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review