Looking for a standout appetizer that could double as a dessert? Try this fast, no-fuss favorite that Darlene Brenden whips up for family and friends in Salem, Oregon. “It’s a fun change of pace for your munchies menu and an easy way to get folks to snack on apples instead of junk food,” Darlene points out.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 3 medium apples, sliced
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, apple butter, brown sugar and vanilla until combined. Stir in the peanuts. Serve with apple slices. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Nutty Caramel Apple Dip in Country Woman January/February 2006, p50
Reviews for Nutty Caramel Apple Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review