Nutty Buttermilk Oat Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; let stand for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into oat mixture. Add oil and egg. Fold in pecans. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes.
2 each: 339 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Buttermilk Oat Pancakes
"great with fresh blueberries too!"
"These pancakes are good on their own merit. We had them with pecan syrup that we brought back from Savannah GA and they were FABULOUS."
"I have made it with 1% milk, but the buttermilk really does make a difference. Also, I add any kind of nut - usually slivered almonds, sometimes walnuts, rarely pecans. I almost always add fruit - some shredded or finely diced apple, or blueberries, or diced pears. I've even done peaches. All good. These pancakes have become my "signature" breakfast that friends and family ask for again and again when I'm in charge of breakfast. Also, you can easily double the batch and have a few days worth in the refrigerator. Delicious!!!!"