Nutty Buttermilk Oat Pancakes Recipe
—Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + standing YIELD:4 servings
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; let stand for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into oat mixture. Add oil and egg. Fold in pecans. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes.
1 serving (2 each) equals 339 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC