I developed this recipe for a crisp cookie as a way to satisfy my sweet tooth. Peanuts and pecans are abundant here in Louisiana, so I bake with them often.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Nutty Butter Munchies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p37
Reviews for Nutty Butter Munchies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review