Nutty Brussels Sprouts
Even my son will eat brussels sprouts when I make this side dish. I use pecans, but this English recipe is traditionally made with chestnuts.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen brussels sprouts, thawed and halved
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Trim brussels sprouts and cut an x in the core of each. In a large
- saucepan, bring 1 in. water, salt and brussels sprouts to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender;
- drain. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat until
- golden brown. Add pecans; cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Add brussels sprouts; toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 117 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.