"I often whip up these tasty treats when unexpected guests stop by," says Neva Mathes of Pella, Iowa. "They always receive favorable comments. They also make a fast dessert to take along to a picnic," she adds.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs until well blended. Stir in
- butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add
- to butter mixture just until combined. Stir in nuts. Spread into a
- greased microwave-safe 8-in. square dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-1/2 to 4 minutes or until top
- appears dry and springs back when lightly touched. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 162 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.