Nutty Brownies Recipe
"I often whip up these tasty treats when unexpected guests stop by," says Neva Mathes of Pella, Iowa. "They always receive favorable comments. They also make a fast dessert to take along to a picnic," she adds.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs until well blended. Stir in butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to butter mixture just until combined. Stir in nuts. Spread into a greased microwave-safe 8-in. square dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-1/2 to 4 minutes or until top appears dry and springs back when lightly touched. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Nutty Brownies in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p39
Reviews for Nutty Brownies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Simple Quick Recipes >