Nutty Broccoli Slaw
My daughter gave me the recipe for this delightful salad. The sweet dressing nicely coats a crisp blend of broccoli slaw mix, carrots, onions, almonds and sunflower kernels. Crushed ramen noodles provide even more crunch. It's a smash hit wherever I take it.
-Dora Mae Clapsaddle, Kensington, Ohio
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 cups sliced green onions (about 2 bunches)
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can (6 ounces) ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Set aside the noodle seasoning packet; crush the noodles and place in
- a large bowl. Add the slaw mix, onions, broccoli, olives, sunflower
- kernels and almonds.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil
- and contents of seasoning packet; shake well. Drizzle over salad and
- toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 206 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.