Nutty Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 cups sliced green onions (about 2 bunches)
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can (6 ounces) ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Set aside the noodle seasoning packet; crush the noodles and place in a large bowl. Add the slaw mix, onions, broccoli, olives, sunflower kernels and almonds.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil and contents of seasoning packet; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Nutty Broccoli Slaw
Sort By :
I made this (w/o olives) for a family sit-down dinner this evening. Fantastic! I will definitely make it again!
A favorite at our house, but I like to make it for company so there's a better chance of it all getting eaten -- makes a lot!!! Leftovers not so good because the noodles get soggy overnight. If you make this ahead, don't add the noodles until right before serving, so they'll still be crisp. I cut the oil to 1/4 or 1/8 cup and it's fine that way. Raspberry vinegar also good, as is not toasting the almonds and sunflower seeds.
This salad is always a hit with family and friends! It's delicious! I omit the olives since our family doesn't like them. I usually don't toast the sunflower kernels or almonds.
My family loved it! My son who hates broccoli had several helpings. I had to use balsamic because I was out of cider vinegar; it tasted great with it. I cut the recipe in half and still had tons, but it all got eaten within a day.