- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 cups sliced green onions (about 2 bunches)
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can (6 ounces) ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Set aside the noodle seasoning packet; crush the noodles and place in a large bowl. Add the slaw mix, onions, broccoli, olives, sunflower kernels and almonds.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil and contents of seasoning packet; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Nutty Broccoli Slaw
"My family really enjoyed this colorful salad. I've made it twice now and the 2nd time I added some grilled chicken and it was a light meal for our family. Just a note: Add the dressing just prior to serving."
"in response to sherriefults: I do not put ingredients together ahead of time, but it is a matter of preference. The ramen noodles get soggy if you do that. I like them crunchy. You could prepare the evening prior and just mix together right before your potluck.in response to jaorr: I have seen this recipe using the seasoning from the ramen noodles in the sugar, vinegar, oil. It adds some salt, etc."
"I am making this for a potluck for tomorrow. It says serve immediately. Has anyone made it and let it sit in the fridge overnight?"
"I have been making this salad for about 20 yrs., and it is always the most requested,, when we go to a gathering, and always am asked for the recipe...Nanny Pat"
"yummy. light. and tasty. I omitted the ramen seasoning, instead, i used a teaspoon of chicken bouillon powder. It tasted good."