- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 cups sliced green onions (about 2 bunches)
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can (6 ounces) ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Set aside the noodle seasoning packet; crush the noodles and place in a large bowl. Add the slaw mix, onions, broccoli, olives, sunflower kernels and almonds.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil and contents of seasoning packet; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Nutty Broccoli Slaw
"in response to sherriefults: I do not put ingredients together ahead of time, but it is a matter of preference. The ramen noodles get soggy if you do that. I like them crunchy. You could prepare the evening prior and just mix together right before your potluck.in response to jaorr: I have seen this recipe using the seasoning from the ramen noodles in the sugar, vinegar, oil. It adds some salt, etc."
"I am making this for a potluck for tomorrow. It says serve immediately. Has anyone made it and let it sit in the fridge overnight?"
"I have been making this salad for about 20 yrs., and it is always the most requested,, when we go to a gathering, and always am asked for the recipe...Nanny Pat"
"yummy. light. and tasty. I omitted the ramen seasoning, instead, i used a teaspoon of chicken bouillon powder. It tasted good."
"It was good and every bite disappeared at a potluck. I gave it 4 stars because of the dressing - seemed to lack something. Plus I don't like my salad drowned in dressing, which would've happened if I used it all -- next time (and I will make again), I will play around with adding something to the dressing - maybe a little garlic and soy sauce??"