Nutty Blue Cheese Spread
With great blue cheese flavor and nice texture from the pecans, this super-
simple spread has a company-special feel. Perfect with veggies or crackers, it’s ideal for parties. —SHERRY HULSMAN, ELKTON, FLORIDA
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until blended.
- Stir in blue cheese. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before
- serving, stir in pecans. Serve with crackers.
- Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 71 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.