Nutty Beef Turnovers
With crunchy nuts and a touch of cinnamon, these turnovers tantalize taste buds. I make them for appetizers as well as for lunch and dinner.Jim McLean, Roseau, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- In a skillet, cook beef, nuts, onion and garlic over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- the Worcestershire sauce, sugar and cinnamon.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12-in.
- square. Cut each into four squares. Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture
- in center of each square. moisten edges of pastry with water; fold
- over filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 402 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.