With crunchy nuts and a touch of cinnamon, these turnovers tantalize taste buds. I make them for appetizers as well as for lunch and dinner.—Jim McLean, Roseau, Minnesota
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- In a skillet, cook beef, nuts, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, sugar and cinnamon.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12-in. square. Cut each into four squares. Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture in center of each square. moisten edges of pastry with water; fold over filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Beef Turnovers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p269
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Nutty Beef Turnovers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review