Nutty Barley Bake Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or pine nuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- Additional parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, barley and nuts in butter until barley is lightly browned. Stir in the parsley, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Stir in broth. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until the barley is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Nutty Barley Bake
Sort By :
Very good recipe plus it's something different!
Great- I add a pkg of sliced fresh mushrooms, a pound of breakfast sauage- browned, and a tsp of thyme. Yummy! Always a big hit at cool weather parties.
Made it several times. Makes a great and different side dish for a change.
It was great! I added chopped carrots since the chopper was out for the onion. It was delicious!