Nutty Banana Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- BUTTER PECAN FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in banana and pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the milk, vanilla, salt and enough confectioners' sugar to achieve spreading consistency. Stir in toasted pecans. Frost cake. Garnish with additional pecans if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 608 calories, 36 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Banana Cake
"This cake was quite good. I was only surprised at the calorie amount. To compensate for that. I cut the amount of icing in half and just used 1/4 cup of pecan pieces in the icing. I also left out the pecans in the cake. They were not needed. The banana cake made a nice soft flavorful cake. I then baked it in a 9" pan and cut into 16 instead of 9 servings. I would make this again for company. Thank you so much."
"Cake was soooo good. I put a bit more pecans in, and the frozen ripe banana I had was perhaps a bit large, so I baked for 40 minutes with foil over the last 10 to prevent over browning. It came out perfectly done. I used a cream cheese frosting from Skinnytaste without any of the butter, and I swear you wouldn't miss it once it's on the cake. Saved a bunch of calories!"
"This is just like banana bread* so tasty, and delicious! have made over 4 times now... a great recipe"
"I loved all the pecans, but the frosting was very sweet so next time I'll add the confectioners' sugar 1/2 cup at a time."
"It was moist and had great flavor. I put cream cheese frosting on ours. That added to the flavor."
"This was great, except I used 3/4 t vanilla extact and 1/4 banana extract for the frosting, and got a rave review from coworkers. There was enough nuts in the frosting and cake to not add to the top, even though it looks nice."
"Looks and sounds so yummy, I'm printing this one out."