Nutty Banana Bread
Even Santa wouldn't guess grated potatoes are the "secret ingredient" that makes this quick bread so delightfully moist.
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups grated peeled uncooked potatoes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine
- bananas and buttermilk. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda
- and salt; add to creamed mixture alternatively with banana mixture.
- Stir in potatoes and walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for
- 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks. Yield: 2 loaves.