- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups grated peeled uncooked potatoes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine bananas and buttermilk. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternatively with banana mixture. Stir in potatoes and walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Banana Nut Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p21
Reviews for Nutty Banana Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2012
We think this is the best banana nut bread recipe every. Moist and delicious. I use dry potato flakes if I don't have time to peel potatoes and they work just fine.