Nutty Artichoke Spread Recipe
I keep a can of artichoke hearts in my pantry so I can quickly make my signature appetizer at a moment's notice. I find wheat or whole grain crackers nicely complements the artichoke. Everyone likes this warm spread.—Susan Kruspe, Shortsville, New York
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and onion. Stir in the artichokes, cheese, pecans and bacon. Spoon into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 80 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Artichoke Spread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC