Nutty Apple Streusel Dessert Recipe
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Place in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the milk, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and baking mix. Spoon over apples.
- For topping, combine biscuit mix and brown sugar in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Add almonds; sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the apples are tender. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Nutty Apple Streusel Dessert
Sort By :
"Why the egg?"
"We LOVE this recipe. The smell is great and it is not overly sweet :) We enjoy this in about 2 - 2 1/2 hours from the crock pot."
"has anyone noticed I LOVE my slow cooker? its so great to have dessert bubbling away while we dally over a huge meal. We like this one just scooped in the bowl with a dollop of cool whip."
"Good flavor, but the almonds give it a strange texture. I think it might be better with oats."
"I make this for Thanksgiving instead of an apple pie. My family LOVES it."