Nutty Apple Streusel Dessert Recipe
Many people don't think of using a slow cooker to make dessert, but I like finishing up our dinner and having this hot, scrumptious apple treat waiting to be served up. I can start it in the morning and not think about it all day. —Jacki Every, Rotterdam, New York
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Place in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the milk, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and baking mix. Spoon over apples.
- 2. For topping, combine biscuit mix and brown sugar in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Add almonds; sprinkle over apples.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the apples are tender. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 378 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Apple Streusel Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC