Peanut butter in the dressing and interesting ingredients like marshmallows and mixed nuts give this Waldorf salad a tasty twist. I've tried versions without the peanut butter, but this is my favorite. -Maryellen Hays, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 2 cups cubed tart apples
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup cold evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine apples, celery, grapes and marshmallows. In a chilled bowl, beat milk until frothy. Add sugar and vanilla. beat in mayonnaise and peanut butter.
- Pour over apple mixture; stir until coated. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir in nuts if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Apple Salad in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p39
Reviews for Nutty Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review