Nutty Apple Muffins Recipe
I teach quick-bread making for 4-H, and I'm always on the lookout for good new recipes. My sister-in-law shared this recipe with me for a slightly different kind of muffin. With apples and coconut, they are moist, chewy and tasty. -Gloria Kaufmann, Orrville, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and baking soda. In another bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and milk. Stir in apples, nuts and coconut. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill 18 greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 183 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC