- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and baking soda. In another bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and milk. Stir in apples, nuts and coconut. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill 18 greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Nutty Apple Muffins
"We loved these quick easy muffins, they freeze well and are wonderful to put in lunch boxes or pull out for a quick snack!"
"Dunno, these weren't that good.... they came out a bit salty??"
"Interesting - I agree the ratio was a little heavy on the "add ins". I also added 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 2 more tbsp of milk. This made 12 nice sized muffins and everyone enjoyed the taste and texure - will make again."
"These are wonderful!"
"Ratio of fruit & nuts to flour must be incorrect. Not enough batter for 3 1/4 cups of fruit & nuts. I reduced the coconut, raisins & walnuts to 1 cup instead of 1 3/4 cups and filled my baking cups to the top - yield was 11. Also added cinnamon. Not a recipe I'd try again."
"I have three apples trees in my backyard and I was searching for different recipes using apples. This is one of the best recipes I've tried. I received my compliments on the muffins. I did however, make some changes and additions. I replaced 1/2 cup of all purpose flour with a 1/2 cup of whole wheat pastry flour. I also added 1/2 cup of golden raisins to the recipe. They were a delicious addition to the flavor of the muffin."