- well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to
- creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of batter into greased jumbo muffin cups. Spoon
- apple mixture into the center of each (do not spread). Top with
- remaining batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350° for
- 25-27 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen jumbo muffins or 2
- dozen regular muffins.
Editor's Note: If using regular-size muffin cups, fill cups half full with batter; add a rounded teaspoonful of apple mixture and remaining batter. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 494 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.