Nutty Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced peeled tart apple (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, applesauce and egg substitute. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the applesauce mixture. Stir in apple and pecans.
- 2. Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 192 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Nutty Apple Coffee Cake
"I took this for church snack this morning and three people asked for the recipe"