- 4 pounds apples (about 8 large), peeled and chopped
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until apples are tender.
- Whisk in peanut butter until apple mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews for Nutty Apple Butter
"i had not thought of adding peanut butter, so will try this fall. I wash my apples good, cut in quarters and take core out then cut once more and cook till they are soft. Then put through ricer. Now I have applesauce and ready to add sugar. I don't add spices till an hour before ready. This saves lots of standing time for me. Nonie"