Nuts and Bolts
Since I was a child, we've made buckets of this mix each Christmas for everyone. These days, though, I fix it for just about any occasion.—TaNauna Bunch, Grand Centre, Alberta
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups bite-sized Shredded Wheat
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon each celery salt, onion salt and garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and nuts.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in seasonings. Pour over
- cereal mixture; toss to coat. Spread in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in.
- x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15
- minutes. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 quarts.