Nuts-About-You Cookie Sticks
French Vanilla Cookie Sticks make a fancy meal finale that couldn’t be quicker to whip up. Start with purchased Pirouette cookies, dip in a rich creamy chocolate and peanut-butter coating, dust with nuts or sprinkles, serve with your favorite after-dinner beverage. You’ll have time left over to savor your evening together.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 French vanilla Pirouette cookies
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, shortening and peanut
- butter; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate
- mixture; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with nuts. Place on
- waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 400 calories, 32 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.