Looking for a different way to serve a bounty of zucchini? Try this soup sent in by Germaine Stank of Pound, Wisconsin. A food processor hurries along preparation of the thick-full-flavored blend that's accented by just a hint of nutmeg.
- 4 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sour cream and additional nutmeg, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute zucchini and onion in butter for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a food processor; cover and process on low until smooth. Return to the pan. Stir in the cream, salt, basil, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with sour cream and additional nutmeg if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Bisque in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p17
Reviews for Nutmeg Zucchini Bisque
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review