Nutmeg Waffles Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients until smooth.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup if desired. Yield: 8 waffles.
Reviews for Nutmeg Waffles
Sort By :
These were amazing! The aroma, while cooking, definitely made me think of fall and the good foods we all enjoy at this time of year. This will definitely be a keeper at my house. I really appreciate that these can be frozen and reheated in the toaster on a busy morning. Thank you, James, for sharing this wonderful recipe with TOH readers.
I added extra eggs to the recipe, because one seemed to be too little. Perhaps that threw off the quantities, but something seemed wrong--the waffles were quite tough.
These were yummy, but my family said that it wasn't a keeper.
these are a favorite in our house I make several batches at one time and freeze the rest for a quick breadfast in the mornings
to redo it I would separate the egg and add one more egg white, then beat the egg white and fold in after the rest of the ingredients. It was just too heavy