Nutmeg Waffles Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients until smooth.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup if desired. Yield: 8 waffles.
Reviews for Nutmeg Waffles(15)
Sort By :
These were amazing! The aroma, while cooking, definitely made me think of fall and the good foods we all enjoy at this time of year. This will definitely be a keeper at my house. I really appreciate that these can be frozen and reheated in the toaster on a busy morning. Thank you, James, for sharing this wonderful recipe with TOH readers.
I added extra eggs to the recipe, because one seemed to be too little. Perhaps that threw off the quantities, but something seemed wrong--the waffles were quite tough.
These were yummy, but my family said that it wasn't a keeper.
these are a favorite in our house I make several batches at one time and freeze the rest for a quick breadfast in the mornings
to redo it I would separate the egg and add one more egg white, then beat the egg white and fold in after the rest of the ingredients. It was just too heavy
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >