Bake an extra batch of these tender, golden waffles on the weekend. Eat one, then freeze the other in packages of two, to pop in the toaster and reheat on hurried mornings. Nutmeg adds to their warm, feel-good flavor! James Christensen - St. Anthony, Idaho
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients until smooth.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup if desired. Yield: 8 waffles.
Originally published as Nutmeg Waffles in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p46
Reviews for Nutmeg Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review