Nutmeg Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, vanilla and extract if desired. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
3 tablespoon: 88 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Nutmeg Syrup
"Delicious! Nice change from my usual maple syrup."
"After running out of store bought syrup, I decided to look into making my own. This was quick and delicious. I don't know if I will ever buy it again! Thanks!"
"We had this with buttermilk pancakes and again over vanilla ice cream. I used the rum extract. Simple, yummy and a great seasonal aroma - (it is early Fall here). Will be making again."