“I'm a music teacher and I made this for a teachers' breakfast. It was heartily received! The nutmeg adds a rich homey flavor.” Rochelle Felsburg - Fredericksburg, Virginia
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and
- water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, vanilla
- and extract if desired. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 3 tablespoons syrup (calculated without rum extract) equals 88 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.